EDITION JUNE 2014
Today i finally finish my work for June. Thank God.. it’s finally over. I have prolong to many deadline and my boss seem so mad at me.
Finally A mid Summer have come for me yeah!
Even if other people already start their holiday my day seem to only start just now damn it.
Well better late than never.
Anyway.. I finally have time and the power to buy book again yes. After 4 whole month not reading and buying any book other than reading a few thing in my kindle paper white. I begin staring at 2 book store. In my right side there is a bookstore with imported quality books. Light and recycled paper with a few 20% tax. In my left side there is the normal big bookstore. Combining all the thing you need for book and offices (plus is much cheaper here because the book are in normal quality.). So i find myself walking and zooming the first shelf in the right bookstore. My mind and hand are exploding trying to figure out which book i should buy. I mean come on.. really if i have unlimited money i will buy almost 20% of those book. Sorry the other 80% are outdated and unrelated book.
The first that come into my mind is the book that called
“The world of introvert”.
The cover of this book is nothing is empty. But because of its simpleness, Something about this book intrigues me. I read the back cover and found only a few line that say. Now is time to listen to those introvert out there. Let’s be quite..
I must say I am kinda of an introvert myself from time to time. What i believe as introvert is just people who enjoy spending moment alone OR with someone they really trust.
Is a not a good thing and a bad thing. Kinda like some people doesn’t like eating strawberry. (But come on strawberry like the gift from God’s!)
And I do believe that most people do have an introvert moment, it comes and go. You could call it as a phase. For example in high school maybe I was a bit introvert because the social pressure and all that stupid hormonal stuff. But in junior high school i am an extrovert.
Just do what suited you best,
Sometimes a simple life is the best life.
I used to really be concerned about losing my moment of youth. But then again all that matters is you and your loved one’s being happy and healthy.
Because, Once your sick. You started to realize that the small thing like standing and sleeping or eating is a blessing it is so important.
Like what people used to say
Quite people have the loudest mind.
So going back to the book :
This is totally going to be in my nonfiction must have book. Kinda wondering what is inside an introvert mind
So next i find myself in the fiction book :
Young adult book that is still in about mortal city of bones.
Here’s what i buy instead :
Will Grayson, Will Grayson
by John Green and David Levithan.
After much arguments on good and bad point of This book and the other John Green Book the snow melt’s (I think ?) i choose this one.
Next is a novel that already in major motion picture called :
The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed The Window And Disappeared
By Jonas Jonasson
The reviews are good, and i see the trailer. Kinda make me want to analyse its script and found how they do it. There are some similarity with Forrest Gump. based only by the synopsis. But then again i have to read to find out
By this point my money have been reduced to half of my original value.
Heavily, I come to the left bookstore and found myself in a bigger dilemma. All the book are awesome. But I have to decide only to buy Indonesian Book. I’ve been interested in trying to make a script out of this many novel.
So I pick :
by TERI LYE
A little science fiction book for young reader, which are rare in Indonesian novel. Must say people here don’t like fantasy stuff. Usually people who like fantasy here rather read graphic novel / comic book / manga or foreign book instead. But paranormal, cheesy romantic comedy book sells. Non fiction book also really sell a lot, mostly related to the situation of politic education and economy of the country. So this book really spark my mind. I already read a couple of page and chapter. The language is so simple almost boring in fact. Good for young reader but boring for young adult. But i need to finish it before having a full review.
Last one is a novel by the one of the best-selling romantic author Ilana Tan”
Sunshine Becomes You
by Ilana Tan
Is already been out for a while. I see it 2 years ago, but I held back my hands because I am not sure whether I want to read one of her book again or not. Is a romantic novel not really my genre. I mean I love romantic but not all the time. The book is easy to read, really nice pace and does not bore you out. Good for young reader to young adult.
that’s it and my pocket is empty.
Happy holiday everyone